Production Coordinator I
Long Beach, California, United States
3 months ago
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the cutting edge next generation reusable launch vehicle - Terran R. Within the Supply Chain org, the Materials Management team is responsible for the physical and systematic movement of inventory, including all operations related to shipping, receiving, logistics, inventory control, material handling, and production control. As a part of the Materials Management team, you will ultimately be responsible for inventory accuracy and ensuring efficient and timely material movement. In this role, you will become a subject matter expert on the enterprise systems we use (ERP, MES, etc.) and you will interact with a number of cross-functional stakeholders and internal customers spanning various work centers, including but not limited to: Avionics, propulsion, machine shop, tube shop, additive, and structures & integration. To thrive in this position, we seek candidates who possess strong problem-solving skills, can navigate ambiguity with ease, and exhibit a process-oriented mindset. We look forward to welcoming an exceptional candidate to our team.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a liaison between different organizations throughout the company to ensure components and assemblies flow smoothly through the production area while meeting timeline requirements
- Exhibit extreme ownership for monitoring and communicating the location and status of all hardware, kits, and builds on the manufacturing floor
- Create work orders and perform ERP transactions to systematically pick and kit parts
- Demonstrated experience self-prioritizing and executing autonomously in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Actively seek information to understand work orders, kit requests and the needs of the internal customer
- Proactively work with Supply Chain team and Production Planners to identify part shortages
- Promote workflow consistency and accuracy across the company while working to proactively drive down internal lead-times
- Conduct regular cycle counts of lineside inventory to ensure inventory integrity is maintained
What you need to know:
- 2+ years of experience as a Production Coordinator or Expeditor (or similar role)
- 2+ years of experience with ERP, MES and/or WMS softwares
- Able to lift up to 35lbs unassisted
- Proficient communication skills across multiple platforms (email, Slack, etc.)
- Strong computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of experience as a Production Coordinator or Expeditor (or similar role)
- Experience in aerospace or automotive environments
- Experience with Infor LN (ERP) and/or Jira (MES)
- Familiarity with forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Attention to EHS guidelines
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace