Configuration Data Manager, New Shepard (R37466)
Los Angeles, CA, United States
3 months ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is a part of New Shepard, a reusable suborbital rocket system designed to take astronauts and research payloads past the Kármán line – the internationally recognized boundary of space. Through operational reusability, New Shepard supports our mission of lowering the cost of access to space!
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, technicians, engineers, you will engage in development, implementation, and oversight of configuration management systems that facilitate building and operating the New Shepard spaceflight system. You will exercise your excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytics skills and will thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be part of a team that implements and performs configuration and data management for the New Shepard business unit. In this hands-on position, your work will support the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of data to support program activity.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing configuration and data management services for New Shepard program
- Reviewing data (documents and engineering artifacts) for accuracy and completeness in accordance with program and company requirements
- Releasing, storing, and archiving data, while managing data integrity used for configuration management
- Working to resolve emergent issues, assisting process users/owners, and providing training as required
- Maintaining work instructions and checklists for CDM tasks
- Supporting maintenance of the As-Defined and As-Build baselines
- Supporting updates to program documentation, plans, and processes
- Ensuring configuration management requirements are met
- Identifying improvements to systems and processes to address repetitive quality issues
- Preparing and presenting metrics, briefings, and training material as required
- 3+ years of proven direct product configuration management experience (Product structure, parts, drawings and requirements management).
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working in a high rigor environment (aerospace, automotive, security systems, medical devices, nuclear, etc.).
- Familiar with configuration management principles and practices.
- Experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) and/or data management toolsets for configuration management of complex products
- Possess high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate optimally both in writing and verbally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- AA/AS or BA/BS in a related technical or liberal arts subject area or equivalent experience.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Proven experience in aerospace industry
- Proficient in technical writing of processes and procedures
- Experience with Windchill, Creo, Confluence & JIRA.
- Database skills with SQL, queries, etc.
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.