Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
Broomfield, CO, United States
3 months ago
Sierra Space-based in Louisville, CO with operations in Madison, WI, Durham, NC, Huntsville, AL, Houston, TX, and Kennedy Space Center, FL—designs and manufactures the Dream Chaser spaceplane and other advanced spacecraft, commercial space destinations, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
This position serves as a DevOps engineer for the Flight Software development through the following:
- Lead technical development of DevOps tools and infrastructure across a large integrated team.
- Automate and maintain the software development lifecycle including testing, builds, releases, and provisioning of development environments.
- Create and maintain effective CI/CD solutions.
- Identify bottlenecks in software development and create solutions to increase efficiency.
- Coordinate and collaborate across multi-discipline/multi-organizational teams to understand key aspects of constraints and delivery requirements.
- Integrate the software development environment with established databases.
- Develop documentation including but not limited to: Design Descriptions, User Guides, and Interface Descriptions
- Support process improvement and integration groups as a subject matter expert in the field of DevOps.
- Work products through multiple Agile Scrum teams ensuring accountability and that commitment are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience
- Advanced capabilities using Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience as a DevOps engineer or in a similar software engineering role
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C/C++ build tools
- Experience creating and maintaining Continuous Integration and Automated Test (Jenkins, Groovy)
- Experience with deploying and managing tools and infrastructure on premises
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms (GIT, SVN)
- Experience working in an agile environment with rapid delivery
- Experience working in high reliability industries
- Experience utilizing and setting up Static and Dynamic Analysis Tools
- Experience with Coverage Testing tools including MCDC coverage
- Ability to present complex SW designs to peers and customers
- Experience managing Software Change Control on a Large Program
- Experience working with Program Management on a Large Program to solve complex issues including technical, schedule and budget
- Experience with REST API
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Space (Sierra Space) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. Sierra Space has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about Sierra Space
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Estimated Starting Salary Range:$159,430.15 - $239,145.23
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.