Software Inventory Specialist
Houston, Texas, United States
7 days ago
Axiom Space is building for beyond, guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. The leading provider of human spaceflight services and developer of human-rated space infrastructure, Axiom Space operates end-to-end missions to the International Space Station today while developing its successor, Axiom Station – a permanent commercial destination in low-Earth orbit that will sustain human growth off the planet and bring untold benefits back home.
Axiom Space fosters a diverse environment inclusive of all perspectives. We are the pioneers of commercial space, leading the transformation of low-Earth orbit into a global space marketplace. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Software Inventory Specialist who is fueled by problem-solving, continuously curious, and driven to understand our world, science/technology, and life itself, for the benefit of all on Earth and beyond.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Store and manage software quotes, license numbers, user counts, and costs for all software applications.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with licensing agreements.
- Coordinate with software vendors to obtain necessary information and updates.
- Provide administrative support for meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation, and documentation.
- Perform data entry tasks to update and maintain accurate software inventory records.
- Coordinate with software vendors to schedule meetings, demos, and training sessions.
- Manage calendars and schedules for the Digital Transformation Office.
- Format resumes and prepare documentation for the hiring process.
- Assist in scheduling interviews and coordinating candidate communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in executive administrative assistance
- Familiarity with common office software
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce timely results
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.