Redondo Beach, California, United States
7 days ago
The CNC Programmer role at Impulse Space will possess a comprehensive know-how of all CNC machining and programming operations. This role is tasked with working directly with different machines (3-axis, 5-axis, etc.) as well as interfacing with engineering teams/leadership, machinists and operations to optimize machining programs and procedures.
- Fast pace of execution to deliver parts needed for engine, vehicle, avionics and test development
- Work with various CAM softwares (HSM Works, Fusion 360, ESPRIT, Hypermill, etc.) and strong ability to learn and become expert in new software rapidly
- Produce hardware on various machines and OEM software including Heidenhain, Okuma OSP, Siemens, Fanuc, etc.
- Familiarity managing digital tool libraries to increase shop throughput and managing tool magazines.
- Knowledgeable of carbide tools and adjusting speed and feed parameters for various cutting strategies
- Able and ready to offer suggestions on drawing or design changes to improve manufacturability
- Ability to program billet parts with minimal fixturing by using stock tabs, frames or otherwise.
- Design and machine scrappy fixture tooling on the fly and as needed to manufacture parts rapidly.
- Constantly keep products moving and alerting management when bottlenecks are encountered
- Provide consistent ideas for process improvements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of CNC programming experience using various CAM packages (HSM Works, Fusion 360, ESPRIT, Hypermill, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience on 5-axis mills, 5-axis mill turns, live tooled turret lathes, etc.
- Hands on experience on manual and CNC mills and/or lathes
- Ability to rapidly pick up new CAM software and manage large tool libraries
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and rapid pace of execution
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience setting up machine shops, recommending and evaluating capital for purchase
- Past experience programming turbomachinery, experience programming in MAX-PAC
- Python programming experience or similar
Compensation bands are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual level and base pay is determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on job-related skills, education, experience, technical capabilities and internal equity.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Impulse Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Impulse Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.