Principal Engineer Aeronautical
United States-Arizona-Chandler - AZCH02, United States
7 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Mechanical Engineering group is hiring for a Principal Engineer Aeronautical professional at our Chandler, AZ location.
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools. Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs
- Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes
- Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects
- Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
- Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines
- Perform research for related engineering projects
- Represent the organization as a contact on projects
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 5 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master’s degree in STEM with 3 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with no experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Active Secret Security Clearance, or higher
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in carbon composites
- NX or other CAD experience
- GD&T training i
- Ability to present technical content to peers and project groups
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python, Linux