Senior Engines Tool Development Engineer – Signal Processing (R37743)
Huntsville, AL, United States
20 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of the Blue Origin Engines business unit, where our focus is the design, development, manufacturing, and testing of engines and propulsion systems. Built for multiple uses, our family of engines is powering the next generation of rockets for commercial, civil, national security, and human spaceflight.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse developers, you will create software used by our design, analysis, and test teams. You will work closely with engineering teams to gather requirements and build software that meets or exceeds those requirements. This will require finding innovative solutions to challenging physics problems prevalent in the demanding environments of rocket engines. This role will have a strong focus on tools used for processing signals from engine and engine component testing. You will share in all Blue Engines product successes by generating tools used by all programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, upgrading, and reviewing software used by design, analysis, and test teams.
- Gathering project requirements from engineering teams.
- Planning roadmaps for development projects and communicating progress to stakeholders.
- Documenting and validating all delivered code and providing training on correct usage.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, or related engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience developing software for performing analysis.
- 3+ years of experience working with signal processing theory and related applications.
- Understanding of instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Familiarity with rocket engines and signal processing in challenging environments.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of Python and MATLAB.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- History of working with CI/CD processes.
- Experience with wavelet transforms and large data sets.
- Familiarity with combustion stability and acoustic modeling.
- Understanding of loads and structural dynamics techniques.
- Proficiency with at least one compiled language used for scientific computing, such as Fortran, C, or C++.
- Skilled with version control software, preferably Git.
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.