Sentinel Principal / Sr. Principal Software Engineer – 11659 & 11660
United States-Utah-Roy, United States
7 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Principal / Sr. Principal Software Engineer – 11659 & 11660 This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel program.
The successful candidate will support element level software coding & development which includes:
• Software Design, develop, and unit testing software code.
• Experienced in telemetry and data processing
• Technical experience in software, computer hardware and network, interconnection and/or interfacing technologies
• Collaborate with software engineers, hardware engineers and lab tester to ensure test requirements are met
• Develop and release engineering documentation including:
o Perform Model Based System Engineering data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build
o Interface with Hardware-In-The- Loop testers and systems engineers in support of verification
o Software integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
o Generation of CDRLs, software design description documents and diagrams
• Experience in AGILE SW Development and test automation principles
• The selected candidate should thrive in a software development teamwork environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- The selected candidate should have good verbal & written communication skills in technical and non-technical communications
- Proficiency in MS Office
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Principal Software Engineer: 5 Years with Bachelor’s degree, 3 Years with Masters, 0 Years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree.
- Sr. Principal Software Engineer: 9 Years with Bachelor’s degree, 7 Years with Masters, 4 Years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship, ability to obtain DoD Secret and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Experience with C+, IADS, LabVIEW, or telemetry data processing
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university preferred.
- Experience in software development in C/C++, Python, Linux.
- Experience with AGILE Software development processes
- Experience with Atlassian Tools such as: Jira, Confluence, Git/GitLab, etc.
- Knowledge of test concepts: automation, data capture, reporting
- Security+ (or higher) Certification
#GBSDsoftwareSalary Range: $92,600.00 - $172,300.00Salary Range 2: $0.00 - $0.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.