Principal Automation Manufacturing Analyst / Sr Principal Automation Manufacturing Analyst
United States-California-Palmdale, United States
14 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they’re also making history.
Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Principal Automation Manufacturing Analyst or Sr Principal Automation Manufacturing Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at Palmdale, CA Center of Excellence where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering / Tooling organization working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment.
Manufacturing Analyst job duties involve the following: structuring and maintaining bill of materials, develop and maintain work instructions that meet manufacturing processes and procedures that are in compliance with customer requirements. Implement detailed sequence of operations and specify procedures needed for product builds, investigate, and initiate corrective actions and improvements relating to work instructions and identify improvement opportunities through sequence optimization with Manufacturing Engineering concurrence. Supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning, continuous improvement, material management, process optimization and liaison. Develops and implements plans that ensure the timely availability and effective utilization of labor, facilities, equipment, & tooling resources enabling the achievement of program delivery and cost milestones. Interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement. On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for automated equipment modifications and revisions to operating methods. Coordination with engineers will be essential in this role and as well as communication with suppliers to ensure project meets schedule, cost and quality requirements. Strong organization skills are needed as well as experience in managing a variety of work within the manufacturing environment. May assist automation engineers in the planning and coordinating transition-to-production efforts. Analyzes existing operational processes and develops metrics and reporting to optimize and improve program & operational performance. Track various metrics and projects. We seek Manufacturing Analysts that use a unique skill set that includes a hands-on approach and act as the production focal point for management of bill of material and production planning within the Aerospace sector.
- Level 3: Bachelor’s Degree with (6) years of work experience in manufacturing or tooling / automated system support; or (4) years with Masters
- Level 4: Bachelor’s Degree with (10) years of work experience in manufacturing or tooling / automated system support; (8) years with Masters
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting automated equipment
- Experience in supporting manufacturing / production / business operations with an understanding of processes and setting up procedures
- Experience working or knowledge of Process Work Instructions (PWI)
- Experience in creating work instructions, training materials & visual aids
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to interface / communicate with multiple levels of leadership, engineering, production, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD Secret / Top Secret security clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain Program Special access within a reasonable period, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Ability to work 1st shift "5am-3:30pm" or 2nd shift "3:00pm-1:30am" and any work schedule (times may vary)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time in excess of 1 hour.
- Experience in composites, automation, heating systems, coatings application & programming
- Experience automated process support, troubleshooting automated systems, understand automated mechanical failure modes
- Experience in reading and understanding electrical or system schematics
- Ability to demonstrate independent critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Manage multiple projects concurrently in meeting customer requirements / expectations
- Experience working hands-on in a production assembly line environment
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Blueprints and 3D models
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Experience in Return of Investment (ROI) analysis and justifications
- Project management skills (proposal creation, scheduling, budget tracking)
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Project, Visio, SharePoint
- Knowledge Manufacturing Execution System and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Knowledge in solid modeling design using NX Siemens, CATIA or Solid Works
- Active in-scope DOD Secret / Top Secret security clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- Active Program Special access that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most position.Salary Range: $86,300.00 - $129,500.00Salary Range 2: $107,000.00 - $160,600.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.