Supervisor, Laser Welding and Fabrication- Weekend Shift(R36860)
Seattle, WA, United States
15 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of Blue Origin Operations, which is comprised of Integrated Supply Chain, Facilities, and Security. This includes Manufacturing and Supply Chain support across all Blue Origin facilities.
As part of a passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of manufacturing flight vehicle components for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of producing flight vehicle components to engineering specifications enabling first article success, high quality and on time delivery of tight tolerance high value parts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Relocation provided
- Travel expected up to 10% of the time
- Shifts available: Friday – Sunday (5am – 5:30pm)
- This position is Friday- Sunday and is scheduled for 36 hours, but the employee will receive an 11% weekend shift pay uplift. As such, the position is paid the equivalent of the 40-hour Monday-Friday shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the laser processing, welding, and heat treat areas
- Maintain manufacturing schedule to ensure meeting customer expectations
- Collaborate with team members to address capacity and scheduling conflicts
- Process improvement specifically to reduce setup times and cycle times
- Maintain and manage all area KPI’s
- Ensure all team members follow work instructions, quality requirements and processes
- Provide continued training and skills development for team members, and mentor early career team member
- Manage all team training and certifications
- Ensure accurate 5S and FOD controls are maintained and adhered to
- Ability to perform interviews, evaluate talent, and provide hiring recommendations
- Safely work within an industrial environment
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in at least one of the following: robot operations, laser cutting/welding, heat treating operations, and/or manual welding
- Experience managing KPI’s to improve performance
- Root cause and corrective action analysis experience
- Excellent blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus
- A continuous improvement mentality
- Familiar with use of personal computers
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience manufacturing nickel-based stainless-steel alloys, copper, titanium
- 4+ years of supervisor or management experience
- 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Kaizen experience
- Experience leading multiple special process manufacturing departments simultaneously
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM tools
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Knowledge and understanding of inspection techniques
- Experience machining/manufacturing tight tolerance, high value components
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.