SLD Program Requirements Verification Certification Senior Systems Engineer
Huntsville, AL, United States
22 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
Lunar Transportation: This role is part of the Lunar Transportation business unit, which develops Blue Origin’s multiple Blue Moon lander product lines. To further Blue Origin's mission of having millions of people living and working in space, we are building sustainable infrastructure for our transport of crew and cargo from Earth to the lunar surface.
As a System Engineer on the Sustaining Lunar Development (SLD) Program Requirements, Verification, and Certification team you will be responsible for authoring, delivering, reviewing, and managing requirements, verification, and certification products to enable the development of the Human Landing System (HLS). You will work directly with NASA and our National Team Partners. You will play a key role in developing the Lunar Transportation system that will return humans to the Moon and extend human presence permanently beyond the bounds of Earth.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Author requirements to address both customer and Blue Origin needs for the Mk2 Lunar lander program
- Define interfaces between systems and elements
- Author safety artifacts, including hazard mitigations
- Define tailored technical standards and verification strategies
- Develop program-level verification and validation activity definition including system-level verification and validation events and integration of element-level events
- Author requirement non-compliance rationale to gain customer disposition
- Develop system-level verification closure products including preparation of Detailed Verification Objectives and Verification Closure Notices
- Track metrics against requirements, verification, and certification products
- Perform technical work and provide technical leadership of the highest caliber
- Utilize good engineering and business judgement to ensure the most efficient and effective product is designed, manufactured, procured, tested, qualified, and delivered.
- Work independently toward long-range objectives without appreciable direction and determine the technical objectives of assignments to develop approaches to solutions
- Embody, promote, and coach the Blue Origin leadership principles
- Work with multiple partners to define system-level interfaces that cross element boundaries
- Provide leadership and guidance to the element teams
- Expertise in the use of requirements and functional analysis to specify and verify complex systems, including requirements and system validation approaches
- Experience with defining and managing interfaces, interface requirements, and interface agreements
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or another technical field
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience working on a verification program for a complex spaceflight or aviation system
- Experience with requirements and V&V tracking tools, preferably using JAMA
- Experience with performing system safety analyses including Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Experience with Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) methodology
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering approaches
- Experience operating on an Agile team
- Experience with NASA safety review panels
- Experience with NASA design and certifications standards for human spaceflight
- Experience with NASA certification of flight readiness process for a new system
- Experience with NASA lunar, deep space, or planetary missions
- Experience working on large complex programs with multiple partners
- Experience with Model, and Simulation certification including NASA or aviation standards
- Experience with Software Safety Standards and Software certification for human spaceflight
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.