Principal Software Development Engineer
10 days ago
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer to join our Analytics and Solutions team. The position can be performed remotely within the United States; though the team is based in Westminster, CO.
In this role, you will build state-of-the-art, Cloud-based machine learning, computer vision, and image processing algorithms to extract information and insight from our massive petabyte-scale imagery archive. We work on a wide variety of image processing topics ranging from deep learning to physics-based models with the goal of understanding our changing planet. You will contribute to challenging and rewarding projects of national and worldwide importance.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to help guide research and development at Maxar.
- Lead a team of researchers to prototype next generation technology for image processing, machine learning and data processing.
- Develop innovative, scalable algorithms and robust, production-level software for advanced image processing projects, including object detection, image segmentation, landcover/material identification, and change detection.
- Work collaboratively with scientists, technical leads, product managers, customers, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver software.
- Travel to other company sites or customers to interact with business leaders and collaborate with other development teams.
- Represent the organization in business development, including briefing customers on company capabilities. Represent the organization at external conferences and present advancements with our products.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related STEM discipline plus a minimum of 8 years experience, or a master’s degree in the same fields plus a minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Experience with software development and algorithm design with Python and/or C++
- Advanced expertise and a track record of significant achievement in image processing or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Expertise in a subset of the following: machine learning, object detection, image segmentation, spectral science, image processing, computer vision, natural language processing (NLP), large language models, and data fusion.
- Experience in software design and development, including proficiency with modern software development practices and tools.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, distributed parallel processing, and GPU computing in an HPC cluster environment or cloud computing environment, such as AWS.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS) and geospatial data.
- Experience building applications in AWS; proficiency with Docker containers, Jenkins continuous integration, and continuous delivery approaches to software development and deployment in cloud-based environments.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with remote and/or geographically distributed teams.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$137,000.00 - $229,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.