Lead Mechanical Ground Support Equipment Engineer
El Segundo, CA, United States
22 days ago
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As a Lead MGSE Engineer you will be responsible for designing mechanical test and assembly fixtures, creating part and assembly drawings, and working with other teams to validate our flight hardware and satellite systems. You will work closely with ATLO (Assembly, Test, and Launch Ops), program management, and manufacturing to understand component and satellite design. You will lead the MGSE team on specific satellite programs and take on the responsibility of designing and providing weekly status on ground support equipment.
This position's internal job code is Equipment & Tool Engineer. Our team is currently hiring for levels 3 or 4.
- Design test and assembly fixtures to comply with program requirements
- Compile complete hardware design documentation for test and assembly fixtures, including all block diagrams, assembly drawings and notes, harnessing schematics, and bill of materials
- Coordinate with programs on schedules, risks and budgets for test fixtures, and MGSE designs
- Coordinate with manufacturing on EBOMs, released engineering, work orders, and discrepancy report resolution Interface with spacecraft mechanical design team for collaboration on MGSE designs
- Provide ongoing support on developed hardware
- Support entry level MGSE engineers
- Report status and progress on a weekly basis to PM and other leadership per program requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- 3 or more years of industry experience with mechanical structures
- 5 or more years of experience with SolidWorks or equivalent 3D CAD package
- Methodical design, testing, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be able to manage your time to accommodate supporting multiple programs
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (More information on this process can be found by following the Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria link which is listed in the job posting).
- Demonstrate clear communication and organizational skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with thermal and mechanical analysis software
- Experience with environmental test equipment and chambers including Random Vibration, Thermal Oven, and Thermal Vacuum Oven
- Experience designing fixturing for manufacturing and test
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with satellite environmental test programs per NASA and MIL-STD requirements
- Experience with early life-cycle satellite engineering activities, spacecraft integration and test, and launch operations
- Knowledge of operational safety requirements
- Experience mentoring younger design engineers
- Experience with project leadership
- Ability to create and review drawings with GD&T per ASME-Y14.5
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Level 3: $104,550 - $153,750
Level 4: $126,650 - $186,250
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.