Albuquerque, NM, United States
10 days ago
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Summary of Job Description
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) of the Aerospace Corporation provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant, who performs a wide variety of key administrative and operational tasks for a group/division/sub-division/location. The individual provides collaborative administrative support to ensure effective and efficient operations. This person executes tasks, processes and procedures quickly while working closely with leaders, colleagues and customers across the enterprise.
This is a full-time, on-site position based in Albuquweque, NM with occasional telecommuting depending on the needs of the team and customer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Internal and external meeting and event support and execution (i.e., reserve conference rooms, AV requests, visitor logistics, catering)
- Books travel and processes various types of expense reports
- Executes onboarding requirements
- Acts as the Functional Time Administrator (FTA) for the group/division
- Submits order requests (i.e., equipment, office supplies, software, supply chain)
- Submits incoming and outgoing VARs/clearances
- Office equipment management to include inventory tracking
- Generates reports and documents (compile/edit/publish)
- Improves and ensures effective processes/systems that provide superior organization, efficiency and industry-lead technical best practices
- Collaborates with admins within the group, division, subdivision, and across the corporation to achieve coverage and increase efficiency
Back up support for Site-Specific Responsibilities
- Assist with site support for:
- Enterprise Services (Facilities, Security and Safety, EIS, Corp Comm, PeopleOps)
- Cross-organizational teams/committees and external customers
- Corporation and property management (i.e. facilitating maintenance requests, janitorial contractors, vendors, incoming/outgoing deliveries, etc.)
- Assist with coordination of site specific resources and requirements being fulfilled
- Assist with site communications in partnership with other admins
What You Need to be Successful
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 3 years relative experience in an office environment
- Fundamental administrative skills: strategic execution of tasks, organization, detail-oriented, writing, and proofreading
- Technological fluency across a wide range of tools and platforms such as Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint and Excel and meeting tools such as Teams, Skype and Zoom
- Fundamental communication & interpersonal skills: collaboration, resiliency, problem-solving, emotional intelligence, judgment, and decision-making, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively with a team to deliver innovative solutions and resolve issues
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Prior experience as an admin or similar role
- Familiarity with enterprise software packages such as Concur, Workday, JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with Aerospace corporate organizational structures, policies, processes, and practices
- Experience with classified data handling
- A current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government is highly preferred. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Our leadership philosophy is simple: every employee, regardless of level and role, can demonstrate leadership. At Aerospace, our commitment is our people. To cultivate our talent and ensure that we have a strong pipeline of future leaders, we want individuals who:
- Operate Strategically
- Lead Change
- Engage with Impact
- Foster Innovation
- Deliver Results
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.