ISO Quality Manager - Operations
MD-Gaithersburg - MD-Germantown, United States
10 days ago
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a ISO Quality Manager - Operations within our Hughes Network Systems division. The position will be located at the Hughes production facility in Gaithersburg/Germantown, MD.
- Manage the continual improvement of the Hughes Quality Management System that contains the corporate policies, procedures, and work instructions based on the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Plan and manage the annual ISO 9001:2015 certification and surveillance audits with a qualified third party auditor
- Provide program management of the operations wide internal audit program, periodically complete audits as a lead auditor, and review/verify the audits performed by the other internal auditors
- Follow-up on the corrective and preventive action plans identified through the internal audits and escalate shortcomings to the executive Quality Management Council as required
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the monthly Quality and Warranty meetings
- Interact with the department heads to evaluate existing processes, identify risks and opportunities, and drive the evolution of new practices in support of ongoing improvements in customer satisfaction and profitable growth
- Work with team members, both within QA and other functional teams, for the development of the annual functional quality objectives and key performance metrics
- Maintain 5s compliance and training for all personnel in operations
- Maintain ESD and Calibration of test equipment projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management
- 8+ years of experience with quality management system standards such as ISO 9001, TL 9000, or ITIL
- 3 years of budget forecasting and financial management skills
- Program management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.