Senior Communication Engineer - Space Systems Development
Seattle, WA, United States
22 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This position is part of the Space Systems Development (SSD) business unit. SSD is Blue Origin’s advanced development arm dedicated to developing mission architectures, creating, and feeding new technologies into our existing offerings, building our next generation of leaders, and commercializing new platforms that fuel Blue Origin’s growth and further its mission. Our work scope is broad and deep, forging the path toward our vision of millions of people living and working in space.
This position will report to the Space Systems Development Avionics lead. As part of a diverse and hardworking team of experts, you will support the development and verification of the critical RF communication links to and from our in-space transportation systems.
The company celebrates strong collaboration, unique and innovative solutions, and passion for success. We are searching for forward-thinking, high-judgment, enthusiastic candidates looking to join our diverse, team-based environment. The right personality will be a proactive, technical-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- RF test bed design and assembly
- Antenna analysis and characterization
- Modem management test software and documentation
- Hardware testing and integration, including testing and troubleshooting interfaces
- Electromagnetic interference analysis and testing
- Preparing for hardware production
- RF flight hardware handling and qualification testing
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years industry experience in the design, development, and test of RF communication hardware and systems
- Experience with communications hardware development (power, mixed signal, analog, and RF designs)
- Experience working collaboratively and delivering products in small teams on fast-paced projects
- History of developing solutions with partially defined requirements and changing criteria
- Excellent written and communication skills in technical work environments
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, strong bias for action
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience in the design and production life cycles of aerospace electronic units
- Working familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and/or other team collaboration software tools
- Experience working with and managing mid-size electronics contract manufacturer
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.