Westminster, CO - Longmont, CO, United States
10 days ago
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness.
We are hiring immediately for a Software Developer to join our data services team in Westminster, CO. This position allows for a few flex days per week to work from home.
As a member of an agile scrum team, the Software Development Engineer will work on a cross-functional team on the next gen, Cloud-based, satellite system software. The team member will provide on-schedule, high quality, operational and test code adhering to designs, acceptance criteria and corporate standards, with appropriate demonstrations and documentation.
What you will do day-to-day with your colleagues:
Software design and development of operational code of new features and defect repairs
Develop automated unit and functional tests
Demonstration and documentation of functionality and test results
Troubleshoot operational issues
Support deadlines and communicate issues/results
Participate in Communities of Practice for adherence and improvement of best practices
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Minimum 2 years software development of complex software systems,
- Expertise with Python
- Expertise with test automation,
- Expertise in UNIX,
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Angular, Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with SOA/REST/JSON/PostgreSQL/AWS S3/Cloud Foundry/Elasticsearch
- Experience with Aerospace and/or Satellite Ground Systems
- Experience with test automation languages/frameworks: Cucumber, Gherkin, Behave
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with ops support of a complex UNIX-based system
Life with Us:
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution
to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• 401K matching and immediate vesting schedule
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision at affordable monthly rates
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$79,000.00 - $131,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.