Technical Support Engineer
Longmont, CO - Westminster, CO, United States
22 days ago
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness.
Maxar is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our Mission Access, Resiliency and Support (MARS) organization in Longmont, CO.
What you will do day to day with your colleagues:
In this role, you will work closely with other support staff in the 24x7 Mission Operations Center (MOC) to ensure timely and thorough support is provided to all Direct Access Facility (DAF) and online platform customers. Your contribution to this goal is to manage and maintain successful operations and ensure that Maxar's operational initiatives are met for our customers in Commercial and Defense/Intelligence programs.
Life with Us
Your Project: In this role, you will be working with both internal and external customers to provide technical support for our online platform and direct access customers. You will work with cross-functional problems and solutions, including, but not limited to, systems engineering, operations, development, test, IT infrastructure, and architecture. You will ensure successful access to local control and an encrypted downlink providing a confidential end-to-end workflow for DAF customers and you will be the frontline expert of Maxar’s proprietary software for platform users. You will also support numerous internal departments which will include Maxar Data Services (MDS), Direct Access Remote Sensing (DARS), Product / Project Management, and Account Management / Sales teams. You will provide support to the overall factory to achieve the initiatives of Maxar’s strategic earth intelligence programs. Additionally, you will be responsible for corresponding issues appropriately and effectively communicating with internal partners and the customer.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time-off
• Plus everything you’d expect from a leading employer such as a matching and immediately vest 401K plan, robust insurance coverage, medical, dental and vision, etc.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Confirm satellite access window plans and data files are received in a timely manner.
- Monitor satellite access windows and online platforms to guarantee successful execution and ensure delivery of imagery and products within deadlines.
- Frontline of incident management for online platform and direct access customers during non-business hours.
- Troubleshoot Tier 1 and 2 issues in high pressure situations.
- Communicate effectively with team members, leads, engineers, other internal organizations, and customers regarding statuses, milestones, issues, and resolution when troubleshooting beyond the scope of existing procedures.
- Utilize and maintain monitoring tools by performing ongoing assessments of efficiency/performance of these tools.
- Work with product management, sales, and customer teams on requirements for customer access and operation implementation.
- Provide input and guarantee accuracy of operations efficiency through transition documentation, procedure updates, notifications, ticketing updates, meeting attendance, etc.
- Assist with testing to ensure that Maxar solutions meet customer requirements.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, geographic information systems or relevant field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Ability to accommodate 24/7 rotational shift work
- Shift Details:
Week 1 – day shifts, M-F 6am – 2pm
Week 2 – swing shifts, M-F 2pm – 10pm
Week 3 – mid shifts, M-F 10pm – 6am *and* Sat. and Sun. 6pm – 6am (7 days on)
Week 4 – five days off then work Sat. and Sun. 6am to 6pm
Week 5 – 7 days off
If this schedule seems like something that you know how to manage, you will reap the benefits of earning shift differential and receive more days off than a typical 9-5 job with a M-F schedule.
These skills would be amazing:
- Geospatial and GIS experience or familiarity with remote sensing applications
- Ability to understand system level concepts and grasp the details of the interaction between components in the system
- Background in satellite planning systems and processes
- Background in supporting SaaS, web development practices
- Ability to provide support and guidance to customers during the implementation of direct access systems and mapping APIs with execution long term
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role with history of building positive relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to interact multilingually
- Background in Windows & Unix/Linux environments
- Work experience with networking, firewalls, routing, remote site connectivity, and applicable troubleshooting practices
- Familiarity with OGC Web Services (e.g., WMS, WMTS) and Mapping API’s (e.g., REST)
- Familiarity with Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) GIS tools such as ESRI, QGIS
- Proficiency with understanding and modifying XML and JSON
- Familiarity with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$54,000.00 - $90,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.