Civil Engineer, Land Development (Starship)
Starbase, TX, United States
22 days ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CIVIL ENGINEER, LAND DEVELOPMENT (STARSHIP)
As a member of the Starship Launch Engineering team you will work with a group of elite engineers across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure that will enable orbital launch capability for the largest rocket in the world. This position is based at Starbase, TX.
- Develop and issue drawings, design documentation, and reports for aerospace, industrial, and commercial type land development projects
- Perform all calculations necessary for grading and drainage, stormwater control facilities, water quality, domestic water distribution, and other underground utilities
- Drive coordination and design necessary to obtain local, state, and federal permits as it relates to land development and utility construction projects
- Manage the civil aspects of construction projects in the field; including quality control, conflict resolution, and coordination of a multi-discipline contractor team
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, and internal clients to develop project requirements, schedule, and cost estimates prior to project implementation
- Resolve design and construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience in civil engineering design, analysis, and drafting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- EIT or Professional Engineering (PE) license
- 2+ years of professional experience in the civil engineering land development industry
- Previous experience with civil design software packages like StormCAD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D (grading to create a Civil 3D surface file, earthwork volume takeoffs, plan and profile creation, base model setup among other items)
- Knowledge of processes of governing permitting and/or environmental agencies
- Understanding of other disciplines such as electrical, piping, geotechnical, electrical and surveying
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals
- This position is based in Starbase, TX (Brownsville) and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
- Ability to perform hands-on work in all environments (heat, cold, rain), in tight quarters or at heights
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to remain focused while working in hazardous environments, while wearing appropriate PPE
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Civil Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Civil Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influence in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.