Propulsion Test Engineer III- Blue Engines- Launch Site One (R37704)
West Texas, TX, United States
22 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of the Blue Origin Engines business unit, where our focus is the design, development, manufacturing and testing of engines and propulsion systems. Built for multiple uses, our family of engines is powering the next generation of rockets for commercial, civil, national security and human spaceflight.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of propulsion test engineers, you will help drive rocket engines test operations to meet Blue Origin’s launch vehicle program requirements for various spaceflight systems. You will directly contribute to engine test operations by assisting with test planning and execution, risk identification and mitigation, hardware integration for test campaigns, post-test inspections, data review, and engine performance analysis. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- 4-7 years of experience in a rocket engine testing or testing in an equivalent industry
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, or physics desired)
- Experience in developing, producing, and executing test procedures
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analysis
- Work on-site at test facilities at Launch Site One (LSO), Van Horn, Texas
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work independently
- Strong technical fundamentals in fluids and thermodynamics
- Operational understanding of engines and engine sub-components, such as turbopumps, combustion devices, valves, and other fluid components
- Ability to read and interpret engineering standards, technical requirements, and engineering drawings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- M.S. degree or higher in mechanical or aerospace engineering with experimental lab experience
- Liquid rocket engine test experience
- Experience designing, fabricating, or operating fluid systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples, silicon diodes, resistance temperature detectors, and accelerometers.
- Hands-on experience with integrating test articles and sub-assemblies for test
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB, Winplot, or other control, data acquisition, and reduction software
- Familiarity with CAD applications (ProE or Creo preferred)
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.