Product & Process Development Engineer (Second Shift Weekend)
Space Coast, FL, United States
10 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role supports the development and operations of New Glenn, a single-configuration heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of routinely carrying people and payloads to Earth’s orbit and beyond. Engineered with a reusable first stage and a seven-meter payload fairing, New Glenn is building the road to space.
Are you looking to become an operations expert for the New Glenn Upper Stage, and follow the life of the program to integrated test and flight support? We are a small team of passionate experts, each with full ownership over the operations of our respective domains. Our team is looking to hire someone who can take ownership of defining and enforcing the operation of their subsystem. Come join us in this exciting and fast paced role to make a direct impact on the history of human space exploration!
The ideal candidate is highly diligent, forward-thinking, can handle a diverse range of data, and has a deep passion for Blue Origin's mission. We are seeking someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to contribute to safe human spaceflight. This position is scheduled to work Second Shift Weekend, Friday-Sunday, 12 hours/day. Passion for our mission and vision is essential!
- Engage in the entire design cycle of New Glenn Stage 2 tank development, including conceptual design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, qualification testing, integration, and mission support
- Apply design and manufacturing knowledge/experience to lead coordination of complex projects across teams and domains internally and externally, driving execution
- Collaborate with internal partners (welding engineering, manufacturing engineering, M&P engineering, production, design/analysis engineering) to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs for delivering tank components, assembly, and testing and integration
- Develop recovery strategies for non-conformances or other identified escapes
- Coordinate configuration changes with upstream and downstream partners
- Identify risks, develop mitigation plans, and ensure team accountability for following through with planned actions
- Review and track schedule and budget; manage and report progress to program leadership
- Drive process improvements to continuously enhance program operation with safety and quality in mind
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with a combination of analysis, design, test, and operations for launch systems, preferably focusing on stage 2 tanks
- Hands-on experience in developing, authoring, and implementing integrated tests or operating launch vehicles
- In-depth working subsystem domain knowledge
- Ability to work with partially defined requirements and changing criteria
- Passion for Blue Origin's mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.