Hardware Design Engineer (MTS / Member of Technical staff)
Didcot, United Kingdom
4 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
MDA’s international footprint in the UK creates opportunities to work with some of the most exciting space industrial players in the country. Delivering all three business area capabilities in Geointelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our UK team provides support to our European-based customers while specializing in the development of advanced space sensors for exploration missions as well as space-based communication technology. As our presence grows overseas, so does our need for new ambitious team players to help us advance our place in the Universe and beyond.
• Responsible throughout the product development lifecycle for the specification, design and validation of satellite communication products
• Detailed circuit design including schematic capture, component selection and simulation
• Directing in-house and 3rd party PCB layout design teams
• Deliver prototype and product quality manufacturing work-packages
• Supporting Hardware/Software/System integration, validation and qualification
• 5+ years experience in a hardware product design role
• Experience in the development of satellite/payload equipment highly desirable.
• Design of complex, high speed circuits implemented as high density, multi-layer (10+) PCBs
• Experience of circuit and PCB design and simulation tools (e.g. Allegro, ADS, SiWave, HFSS, CST)
• Hands on experience in the design of products that contain the following:
• Microcontrollers / Digital Signal processors / FPGA / ASIC
• High speed digital Interfaces (e.g. SerDes, ADC/DACs, etc)
• Power supplies and sensors
• RF design
• In addition, specialist knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
• High reliability system design (Space, Military, Automotive, etc)
• DC/DC power supply design
• Verilog/VHDL for developing board/power/clock/etc. management components
• Developing ASIC prototyping systems using FPGAs
• Knowledge of environmental, thermal, safety and EMI/EMC standards
• Practical use of scripting languages Tcl/Python/Perl etc.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s leadership in this next golden age.
We are required to conduct a BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) screening in which we will check your:
- Right to work: To confirm that you are entitled to take up the position as well as check your nationality and immigration status
- Identity: Full ID check
- Criminal records: Basic Disclosure
- Employment history check: Confirmation of past three years of employment (minimum) history/activity
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; private healthcare, disability income protection, life insurance, pension plan; and an employee assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.