Flight Line Safety Supervisor
Mojave, California, United States
a month ago
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
The Flight Line Operations Safety Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that Stratolaunch’s complex experimental flight line (including hangar) operations are conducted safely. This role requires ensuring that newly developed processes are executed safely while meeting customer schedule needs. This visible leader must work across teams to build a strong flight safety culture, set the conditions and create processes for safe flight line operations, and provide an experienced set of eyes during operations, all to assure Stratolaunch’s mission is successful. This includes providing training, conducting inspections and assessments, tracking training programs, writing, and reviewing of policies and procedures, researching regulatory requirements, and ensuring safe & compliant handling of dangerous materials during flight line activities while safely accomplishing the mission.
· Develop and review company flight line safety policies and procedures
· Implement and enforce company flight line safety policies and procedures
· Implement flight test and conventional aviation group operations safety industry best practices
· Review flight line testing procedures to ensure safe and efficient test and preparation activities.
· Provide flight line safety training and lead safety meetings for teams conducting flight line operations
· Lead a culture of safe flight line operations in Stratolaunch
· Conduct routine flight line operations safety supervision and inspections.
· Work closely with ground test engineering experts, crew chiefs, EH&S personnel and other teams working on the flight line to ensure safe operations
· 10+ years experience working in active flight line operations in a military or FAA-regulated environment
· 5+ years experience leading flight line operations
· Computer proficiency with standard MS Office business tools
· Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· A strong understanding of the importance of FOD control and tool control
· Formal aviation safety training and/or employment
· Experience developing new aviation ground operations procedures
· Experience working in a flight test environment
· Experience working cryogenic fluids
· Experience leading rocket launch pad maintenance activities
· A&P License or military equivalent
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
· This position is located in Mojave, CA
Benefits and our location:
- Eligible for up to 10% annual bonus
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave up to 16 weeks
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan, up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: