Mojave, California, United States
a month ago
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
To help achieve these efforts, Stratolaunch is seeking a Quality Assurance Representative (Engineering Technician level II or Sr) at our facility in Mojave, CA. In this role, the selected candidate will be a focal point of Stratolaunch’s quality operations in Mojave. You will primarily be focused on evaluating the quality of Stratolaunch structural part manufacturing and assembly, with a secondary focus on aircraft systems inspection. You will contribute to a team responsible for inspecting Stratolaunch parts before they are integrated onto the flight vehicle and documenting Non-Conformances when they arise. You will also review training programs developed by the manufacturing team and contribute ideas to company processes that improve part quality. This role will contribute to shaping Stratolaunch’s Quality Management System, assisting Stratolaunch operations personnel, and instilling a culture where safety and quality are second nature to our organization.
- Perform all Quality inspection functions on advanced composite aerospace vehicles
- Use quality development knowledge and skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and parts, including the use of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the supply chain team to evaluate the quality of Stratolaunch and supplier parts
- Identify, investigate, and document non-conformances and quality escapes in accordance with the quality system
- Assist in root cause corrective action analysis for non-conformances
- Maintain and properly fill out all quality-related documentation
- Assist technicians with problem solving on the hangar floor, especially related to hand layup, secondary bonding, assembly, and final inspection processes
- Perform audits within their areas of expertise
- Perform acceptance and receiving inspections as required
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of, and experience with aircraft and/or launch quality manufacturing, quality management, quality engineering, and aircraft and/or launch vehicle integration
- Experience with composite part fabrication and airframe assembly (bonded and bolted)
- Experience with non-destructive inspection methods for airframe structure, including composites and metallics
- Knowledge of production aspects of the aerospace industry
- Ability to implement and document quality inspection procedures
- Experience with reading, analyzing, and developing work instructions
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to obtain a security clearance at the TS/SCI level
- Knowledge of production aspects of the aerospace industry
- Experience with air launch systems or commercial space programs
- Experience with government agencies
- Active security clearance
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate holder
- Knowledge of a variety of aircraft systems
Required Computer Skills:
- Quality software tools
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Configuration management systems such as JIRA, GIT, JAMA, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- QA Rep Level II ($70,210-$97,555): 5-10 years experience in aerospace composite manufacturing, quality assurance, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- QA Rep Sr. Level ($85,412-$123,000): 10+ years experience in aerospace composite manufacturing, quality assurance, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Position based in Mojave, CA.
- Travel, as needed, to support the department. Travel estimated to be <5%
Benefits and our location:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan, up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: