Mojave, California, United States
2 months ago
***This is a 6-month term position**
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
Join team of engineers and technicians conducting propulsion test activities for hypersonic flight vehicles, including, but not limited to, liquid rocket engine and propulsion stage hot-fire test demonstration and qualification
- Build and maintain test facility, including Ground Support Equipment (GSE), propellant, high pressure, and cryogenic systems
- Work alongside engineers to build, test, and maintain systems
- Work on test pad to perform cold flows, hot fire testing, and other hazardous operations
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on fluid system, mechanical, and electrical systems • Work with engineers to build and maintain rocket engines and other test articles
- Hands-on applications-oriented problem solver willing to work in the field
- Ability to conduct test operations in the field for extended period of time
- Willingness to listen with intent to understand and process all inputs from other team members
- Sincere dedication to SAFETY-FIRST, placing team health and well-being as highest priority followed by the preservation of test assets and facilities.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate heavy machinery (Forklift, All-terrain Forklift, overhead equipment, etc.)
- Safely work with High Pressure Gas Systems
- Read & Understand Plumbing and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience building and testing high pressure fluid/gas systems
- Tube fitting & bending, familiar with common industry fittings systems.
- Metal fabrication (Benchwork layout, GD&T, general shop equipment familiarity & general shop skills)
- Systems assembly (work from blueprints, manuals, or diagrams with minimal guidance)
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems and troubleshooting
- Avionics or Data Acquisition & control systems experience is a plus
Rocket Systems or Test experience preferred, but not required
- Liquid Oxygen (LOX) & Cryogenics handling and systems maintenance
- LOX Systems handling and cleaning/Clean Room experience preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Airframe & Powerplant License Preferred, but not required
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- This position is a 6-month Term contract - with possibility of extension
- This position is located in Mojave, CA
Benefits and our location:
- $33.00-$59.00 Hourly
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: