Mojave, California, United States
2 months ago
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon A testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Pricing Lead will support pricing proposals. The responsibilities include the development of Cost Volumes, ROMs, and ad-hoc projects. This is a hands-on, in-depth analysis role intended to drive decisions to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Assist with the price volume development for government proposals
- Ensure company proposals are in compliance with government pricing requirements
- Coordinate pricing effort with engineering, operations, and business development groups to be used in customer proposals
- Perform quality review of proposal packages and provides feedback to pricing estimators
- Develop solutions to a variety proposal related problems using established policies and procedures
- Develop forecasted overhead, fringe, and other rates
- Develop financial models to support business planning, forecasting, and new ventures as necessary
- Become a trusted associate to senior leadership and departmental colleagues
- Ad hoc support for Program Management, Subcontracts, and Business Development teams
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of years of proposal, contract, cost, finance, supply chain, project management, or business-related experience
- Experience with ProPricer (or equivalent)
- Experience in developing compliant Cost Volumes and the supporting schedules/documentation
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of pricing and estimating strategies
- Experience conducting complex cost analysis and risk modeling
- Strong experience with FAR/DFARS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
- Must possess excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent project and time management abilities
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to tell a story using financials and to demonstrate the future vision of the company
Benefits and our location
- This position is full-time/hybrid in Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave up to 16 weeks
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 90 miles north of Greater Los Angeles. The majority of staff reside in Lancaster, Palmdale, and Tehachapi.
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: